I was supervised by Robert S. Wright for over 500 hours at The People’s Counselling Clinic, a non-profit, pro-bono mental health clinic in Halifax, NS. This clinic provides direct services and public education focusing on issues of trauma, race, sex and gender. I worked with under-served populations including victims and perpetrators of sexual and intimate partner violence using a forensic mental health approach to practice. The clinic’s focus is male-identified individuals and has created ManTalk, a group for male-identified individuals who have experienced sexual violence. I have experience offering mental health supports in the following areas at The People’s Counselling Clinic:
- Trauma, including complex trauma stemming from severe abuse, neglect, violence, and other adverse childhood experiences.
- Patterns of abuse in relationships.
- Family of origin, attachment, and development.
- Sexual behaviour problems and use of violence in relationships.
- Sexual and intimate partner victimization.